Re: ID field as logical address

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 01:13:33 GMT

paul c wrote:
... I would defend
> his right to think that given his aim,...

To try to be clear, I meant his logical right, I didn't mean some USA constitutional caveat. It's just the aim that I think is too ambitious, given the typical human lifespan. All credit to Date for being so determined and for trying to be precise when so many in the field, like the remaining SQL originator, are rather cavalier and hand-wavy about what they missed and for trying to take it so far. What he's done is full of insight that is useful to everybody, but it is still up to us what we choose to implement. Received on Thu Jun 04 2009 - 03:13:33 CEST

Original text of this message