Re: ID field as logical address

From: <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:13:27 -0700 (PDT)

> I think it is

> quite plausible that future generations will come to this view and laugh
> at today's self-imposed obstacles.
Hi paul...

A reasonnable assumption...I would go further than that into assuming that future civilizations can only take advantage of what relational theory has to offer. I came to believe that relational theory is still at infancy stage and that too many aspects still require mathematical clarification to reach its full potential.

The self-imposed relational exploration of the last ten years have raised more questions than they brought questions. Such questions have not been adressed specifically neither by D&D algebra nor in any similar serious work I could put my hand onto. IMHO, RM can not be explored any further with the existing tools and must get back to math for inspiration, not just algebra but set theory and even geometry. Chances are also that by the time that happens, it won't be called relational theory anymore but will evolve to something that is not just set theory inspired.

Regards... Received on Tue Jun 02 2009 - 21:13:27 CEST

Original text of this message