Re: Row-level security?

From: lawpoop <>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:00:20 -0700 (PDT)

On May 28, 3:13 pm, Roy Hann <specia..._at_processed.almost.meat> wrote:

> I'll keep my thoughts on that to myself, however I believe MySQL has a
> USER() function which I would have thought would give you what you
> need to define the view I suggested.  I certainly don't warrant that
> though.

I don't think it does. The manual says that, for creating views, "The SELECT statement cannot refer to system or user variables. "

Is this USER() function standard SQL?

I understand that there are ways to feed values and variables from code into a RDBMS, but I wanted to know the SQL way to do it. Received on Thu May 28 2009 - 22:00:20 CEST

Original text of this message