Re: Natural keys vs Aritficial Keys

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 05:54:05 -0500

David BL wrote:

> To be judged
> successful the mouse had to be able to count objects it had never seen
> before. It was claimed that mice can count up to 3.

Count, or classify at a glance into none, a bit, quite a bit, lots? I am wary of calling that "counting" and I'd want to know more about the design of the experiment to be persuaded that any counting was going on.

But perhaps I am being unromantical. My disbelief in psychics, deities, wonder-foods, morphic resonance, Gaia, etc. has earned me that accusation before now. :-)

--
Roy