Re: We're doomed

From: <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 04:29:11 -0800 (PST)

On 26 fév, 11:33, Roy Hann <specia..._at_processed.almost.meat> wrote:
> Tony D wrote:
> > Oh well.
>
> > Take a programmer and ask them what they think a relational database
> > should be, you get MySQL.
>
> > Ask a programmer what they actually want to use, you get this clunk.
>
> Programmers want to write programs.  The last thing they want is
> software that could do away with 75% of them.
>
> Programmers should go the way of stenographers and travel agents.
>
> --
> Roy

In a sense, I do think we are actually doomed by ignorance.

No sign seems to indicate that things would recover anyday soon. Ironically, we may notice that the greatest scientific innovations are often historically followed by periods of utter darkness...Then these innovations are rediscovered and corrected by other civilizations...The most probable scenario is that the relational model will be rediscovered by other civilizations in a few centuries but will be forgotten by everybody...Guess that some people become then guardian of the temple...

Regards Received on Fri Feb 27 2009 - 13:29:11 CET

Original text of this message