Re: Object oriented database

From: Walter Mitty <wamitty_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 21:01:15 GMT

<mrtomas_at_tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:0f1978a9-2822-42b7-930c-b20b0f2ccf57_at_r36g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for people who have an interest in object oriented
> databases, primarily to share ideas or to find out end-user
> requirements.
>
> I am currently working on an object oriented database product, which
> will be closely tied in with the programming language of choice. First
> goal is to make a C++ implementation, and later Java, C# and web
> scripts like PHP.
>
> Anyone with interest into the subject, please send me an email. You
> can see some of my products and the ideas for the OODB on my web
> site:
> http://www.clear-objects.com
>
> Best regards
> Tomas

Your topic spawned a long disgression.

I looked at Clear Objects, but I I don't understand how it works from the web site description. If several applications share a database, do they all need a common object model? I've never seen a situation where different application developers worked up a common object model in coordination with each other. Can you tell me how that is acheived? Received on Sat Nov 01 2008 - 22:01:15 CET

Original text of this message