Re: index

From: Bob Badour <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:31:07 -0300
> Hi all,
> I read the following in a book
> 1) we can have several non clustered indexes on a table , but we can
> have only one clustered index per table
> 2) index on the primary key can be clustered or non clustered
> now my question is
> 1) to what extent these statements are true ?

To the extent the statements accurately describe the physical implementation of a particular dbms, they are true.

Theoretically, one can have multiple clustered indexes at the cost of duplicating the data, which of course incurs a cost. Vendors typically assUme nobody would ever want to incur that cost. Received on Mon Jul 28 2008 - 17:31:07 CEST

Original text of this message