Re: Calculated value dilemma

From: Tony Toews [MVP] <ttoews_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:17:31 GMT

Rainboy <mark.rainbow_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>As keeping historically accurate info is important, 'hard-coding' the
>balance in the table seems to me like it might be the most appropriate
>solution,

Put the balance on the parent table. But also create a method of double checking that number by adding up the individual transactions, telling the user there is a problem, log that problem so they can bring it to your attention at a later date and then fix the balance. Also create this method before even coding the logic to update the balance. Thus you can use it as part of your testing.

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.