Re: Examples of SQL anomalies?

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:59:59 -0700

Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jul 7, 1:21 pm, JOG <j..._at_cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote:

[snip]

>> However, one /can/ validly ask "please give me the minimum the
>> shipment weighs" and this may still be very useful.
>
>Well, that's assuming that all the shipments have a positive
>weight. What if we might ship helium baloons? Then you
>can't set the minimum.

     Sure you can. The weight is positive, just difficult to measure.

>OK I was just having some fun there.

Roadrunner Courier Ltd.
Smallplace, WY

Mr. Wile E. Coyote
RR 1
Unnamed Desert, WY

July 8, 2008

Dear Mr. Coyote:

                    RE: Your Missing Order 325 with Acme

     We have checked practically everywhere and can not find the
missing order. One of our clerks remembers seeing the package on her desk briefly, but does not recall seeing it after. We will be settling with Acme. You should contact them about a duplicate shipment.

Sincerely,

Roadrunner Courier Ltd.

[snip]

Sincerely,