Re: Guessing?

From: paul c <toledobysea_at_ac.ooyah>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 01:34:00 GMT

Gene Wirchenko wrote:

> I prefer the drier climate myself. Chacun a son gout.

Only today a biker who just came back from a month in or near Kamloops was telling me how pleasant the high desert is when one is going fast, because the heat is 'dry'. Also said the #1 route to get there has a nice riding climate, no road frost on summer mornings like (I'm told) the higher passes of the Coquihalla. Have some scooter acquaintances who like to go fast, maybe I'll drop by. The only reason they don't mind me is that they care not at all about databases.

Anyway, most places here beat anything on the other side of the mountains in temperance. Most canucks on that side have never been anywhere else, so they don't know. I asked a guy from San Francisco why he was selling such a nice bike and he said it was because he couldn't ride year round here. Had to laugh, told him he wouldn't dare say that to somebody from Ontario. I know some who gave up their cars when they got here. Even here, I spend most of the summer inside, rest of the year is much better for going out. They say rain is good for the complexion too.

Off-topic I know, but there's so little about db here these days ... Received on Wed May 28 2008 - 03:34:00 CEST

Original text of this message