Re: pro- foreign key propaganda?

From: David Cressey <cressey73_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 11:25:51 GMT

"paul c" <toledobysea_at_ac.ooyah> wrote in message news:6IhZj.156425$rd2.113050_at_pd7urf3no...

> Ie., meaning in machinery is merely psychological, subject to all the
> natural human mis-interpretations, can't express intent, mechanics and
> poetry will never meet even though some fools think a formal marriage is
> possible. I told David C not to get me started on mystics!

This may be true. But with regard to the value of data in databases, and the return on the effort involved in building, maintaining, and accessing them, you can't separate meaning from purpose. And you can't separate purpose from outcome. Call me a mystic, if you must.

If poetry includes Homer's Iliad, there is quite a bit of mechanics involved in the making of it. Received on Fri May 23 2008 - 13:25:51 CEST

Original text of this message