Re: pro- foreign key propaganda?

From: paul c <toledobysea_at_ac.ooyah>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 16:09:57 GMT

David Cressey wrote:
> But don't get me started on HTML. I think that it was a wonderful thing for
> a physicist to come up with a way of propagating information over the
> internet without being blocked by format incompatibilities. But I also
> think that HTML was the ultimate perpetration of an uncontrolled graph of
> "hrefs" and pages. It has all the problems of a graph DBMS, and then some.

In the early 1990's, roughly the era when the Haphazard Text Markup Language gained favour and OS implementers were rallying around c++, there was a lot of talk about data tags in db circles but people didn't mention types much except as a programming term. Received on Tue May 20 2008 - 18:09:57 CEST

Original text of this message