Re: Hash Join

From: <develop.attitude_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:13:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 16, 11:21 am, Jason Lepack <jlep..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I found the assignment that you're
> working on (or a similar one), looks interesting. Remember the
> algorithm for theHashJoin, as can be found by Googling "HashJoin" (and you should have this in your notes).
>
> Cheers,
> Jason Lepack
>
> On Apr 16, 11:12 am, Jason Lepack <jlep..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well of course Google comes up with a good first step:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_join
>
> > On Apr 15, 7:31 pm, develop.attit..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Hi
>
> > > am doing a project onhashjoin. implementation to be done on hasNext
> > > and getNext interface.
> > >hashjoinhas 2 phases. partitioning phase and probing phase.
>
> > > but i dont understand where the partition will be done. in hasNext or
> > > getNext interface.
> > > can anyone please help.
>
> > > develop.attitude.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. There are 2 phases in Hash Join..Partition Phase & Probing Phase.
There are 3 types of algorithms for doing the Hash Join.

1. Grace Join
2. In Memory Join
3. Recursive Hash Join (REFERENCE MSDN).

I am doing the Grace Hash Join.
It has 7 methods.
Most Important being getNext() & hasNext().

Have figured out how partitioning works. I need to know "Which phase will be in which method"...

Thanks. Received on Thu Apr 17 2008 - 00:13:36 CEST

Original text of this message