Conversions between relational and deductive database constructs

From: Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:37:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'm researching two-way conversion methods available for converting between the constructs in the relational data model (i.e., the relations) and those of deductive databases (e.g., Datalog-based databases). I'm aware of the basic mappings between the intensional and extensional constructs in the Relational Model and those of deductive databases (for example, considering each relation as a predicate), but I'm looking for a theoretical ground for such mappings.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Ehsan Akhgari Received on Fri Apr 04 2008 - 09:37:13 CEST

Original text of this message