Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: kevin cline <kevin.cline_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:35:04 -0700 (PDT)

[Quoted] On Mar 3, 7:58 pm, Marshall <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 3, 5:39 pm, Robert Martin <uncle..._at_objectmentor.com> wrote:

> I recall an actual empirical study that looked at defects per line
> of code relative to function size. The rate stayed constant until
> function size exceeded 150-200 lines.

Ok. But I still argue that programs with many short functions will have fewer defects, because they will be shorter. When I first adopted the 'short function' style, I was amazed to discover how often those little functions end up being reused. I expect that if you hand me any program where the average function size is more than about 20 lines, I would be able to refactor that program into short functions and reduce the line count by half or more. Received on Wed Mar 26 2008 - 08:35:04 CET

Original text of this message