Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 04:49:50 -0700 (PDT)

[Snipped]
> Hi Cimode - you must hate Schrödinger. It's not gibberish in general.
> It is just gibberish in the context of facts /within/ our grasp.

Hi mAmsterdam,

Good to hear from you. I have no issue at all with Schrödinger but with the specific use of his theory onto Kazarov's band's futile attempt in making a point in the *exact* context of a database theory thread.

Bringing quantum physics, relativism and fuzzy programming issues into the context of database theory can at best be irrelevant, at worst gibberish. We are not at a point where we can safely bind database theory to orthogonal theories. Much still needs to be explored within the realm of relational algebra and calculus first.

It is like taking the risk of jumping into complex numbers without having fully understood how to solve basic equations.

Regards... Received on Sat Mar 22 2008 - 12:49:50 CET

Original text of this message