Re: Real World (Re: Mixing OO and DB)

From: topmind <topmind_at_technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:33:26 -0700 (PDT)

Cimode wrote:
> On 18 mar, 00:14, topmind <topm..._at_technologist.com> wrote:

> One does not have to be a genius to favor set oriented approaches only
> *aware* of its superiority. Gymnastics and discipline do the rest.

Perhaps if we had something more powerful than SQL then it would be easier to do (and learn) the stuff that is often handled over to imperative approaches.

I'd love to have programmer-defined views and functions to use with a query language and friendlier ways to manage large column lists using the same set engine (or easier to swap row-based to column-based views to avoid needing lots of columns). We need a relational Lisp to spark new query languages.

-T- Received on Tue Mar 18 2008 - 04:33:26 CET

Original text of this message