Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: S Perryman <q_at_q.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:21:36 +0000

Bob Badour wrote:

BB> If one studies the algorithms for minimum spanning trees, one quickly
BB> sees the task involves no traversals whatsoever. In fact, one generally
BB> creates the MST as a precursor to some sort of traversal, and the
BB> algorithms themselves are specified in terms of sets, which makes them
BB> ideal for implementing relationally.

SP> What about the canonical graph algorithms (breadth/depth first, SP> transitive closure etc) ??

> What about them?

I suspect that these where the kind of algorithms he meant when he replied to you (they do require graph traversal) .

But (as has been subsequently shown) , his choice of MST as an exemplar for his line of debate has been found to be wanting. :-)

Regards,
Steven Perryman Received on Thu Mar 13 2008 - 17:21:36 CET

Original text of this message