Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 23:07:38 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 8, 7:59 pm, paul c <toledoby..._at_ac.ooyah> wrote:
> Robert Martin wrote:
>
> >> Using nonsense words like 'subscope' doesn't do conversation any
> >> favours Robert.
>
> > A sub scope is a scope that lives within another scope. The simplest
> > example is the following C code.
>
> > { // parent scope
> > int i;
> > int j;
> > { // sub scope
> > int i;
> > }
> > }
>
> If high-falutin' lingo like 'lives within another scope' passes for
> explanation in OO circles no wonder they are perpetuate other babble
> besides.

Well, I dunno. "Scope" is a pretty well-established term. I could pick at the anthropomorphism, but I'd just be picking. I'd say it is more usual
to say "nested scope" but it's clear enough to me that's what he means
with "subscope."

Marshall Received on Sun Mar 09 2008 - 08:07:38 CET

Original text of this message