Re: Object-relational impedence

From: David Cressey <cressey73_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:55:12 GMT

"Marshall" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:3847aed1-f962-4751-b7bb-d352d3e9bc24_at_d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

> Bags I have not looked at in any detail. They are certainly
> the least important of the lot, however.

But bags are so very, very easy to implement!

This is not intended to be facetious. What I'm driving at is that practical systems that evolve with little theoretical foundation tend to implement bags because it's easier than not implementing bags. An example might be SQL, whose tables represent bags unless good luck, disciplined writing, or declared constraints result in tables that always represent sets. Received on Fri Mar 07 2008 - 13:55:12 CET

Original text of this message