Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 05:44:06 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 6, 8:03 am, Marshall <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > A function should be no longer than five or ten lines of code. This is
> > about as obvious and self-evident as it can be. Are you really going
> > to argue that functions should be longer?
That idiot does not make a difference between method and purpose. He simply can't conceive the possibility of not using functions.

> I'm going to argue that I have seen no evidence that writing
> methods any smaller than 150 lines produces any measurable
> benefits. I'm further going to argue that you haven't either.
> Your above assertions are baseless; they are founded on
> sand. They are nothing more than an aesthetic you have
> developed. Like all nostrums, they benefit the salesman
> and not the patient. It is a common human activity: make
> shit up and pretend it's celestial truth. It's as obvious and
> self-evident as hierarchies of angels.
Marshall,

I hope you realize you are wasting time trying to reason an idiot who neither can reason nor is willing to show any intellectual honnesty based on your arguments.

Please stop encouraging him.