Re: Object-relational impedence

From: topmind <topmind_at_technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:56:41 -0800 (PST)

Leslie Sanford wrote:
> "JOG" wrote:

> I'm open to new ways of approaching things, but the mechanism to implement
> all of this needs to be fast, in my case. Parameter changes can come in at
> hundreds of times a second.

If the run-time performance needs to be predictable, then a RDBMS is probably not the way to go. Garbage collection and index shifting/ restructuring may result in occasional pauses or slowdowns. Higher abstraction often results in less predictable run-time performance. (Less predictable and "slow" are not necessarily the same thing.)

-T- Received on Tue Mar 04 2008 - 07:56:41 CET

Original text of this message