Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:17:47 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 29, 10:12 am, Patrick May <p..._at_spe.com> wrote:

> Common Lisp, for example, allows the creation of completely new
> language constructs, including flow of control constructs, via its
> macro facility. This allows creation of richer DSLs than most OO
> languages do.

If I am going to take you to task for overbroad claims, I feel some responsibility as well to point out when you are being too modest. Your second sentence quoted above is an understatement to a significant degree.

As an aside, I can say from a fair bit of experience that LISPers and Relational folk are among the most ornery around. However when one is debating with a LISPer one at least has the benefit of knowing one is likely arguing with a worthy opponent.

Marshall Received on Fri Feb 29 2008 - 20:17:47 CET

Original text of this message