Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Patrick May <pjm_at_spe.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:55:00 -0500

Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> writes:
> On Feb 28, 1:29 pm, Patrick May <p..._at_spe.com> wrote:
>> For one thing, it decouples the application code and the database
>> schema.
>
> I invite anyone who thinks it is possible to decouple application
> code and database schema to show me how to make good use of a
> general ledger/accounts receivable database schema in building a
> content management system.

     I invite you to point out where anyone has suggested that such a ridiculous idea is the goal of decoupling application code and the underlying database schema.

Sincerely,

Patrick

S P Engineering, Inc. | Large scale, mission-critical, distributed OO
                       | systems design and implementation.
          pjm_at_spe.com  | (C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, middleware, SOA)