Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Brian Selzer <brian_at_selzer-software.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:59:23 GMT

"David BL" <davidbl_at_iinet.net.au> wrote in message news:263bb2e8-f48f-4c03-816a-bec5d15cbe07_at_s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

> On Feb 16, 10:52 am, Marshall <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Oh, so OOPL is problem space not solution space. I see.
>>
>> (Dude, that was the joke! Shhh!)
>
> I was hoping you'd prompt Bob to explain how addresses of ellipses can
> be a subtype of addresses of circles (or if you agree with him you
> could explain it to me).  He said I apparently can't follow written
> English, so I'd like to know what I'm missing, if anything.

Bob rarely has anything of substance to say, and worse, it's difficult to know whether what is says is right because he's often wrong (even though he won't admit it). He's the resident ogre on cdt, tolerated only because he is good at driving away those that other regulars consider chaff. In any other context he would have long since been run out on a rail. Though it may prove difficult at times, I suggest you ignore him, or at least his obdurate and abusive personality. Received on Sat Feb 16 2008 - 13:59:23 CET

Original text of this message