Re: "Master Data Management?"

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 19:56:09 -0400

TroyK wrote:

> A new buzzword seems to have crept up on me when I wasn't looking --
> I'm seeing a lot about "master data management" (http://
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Data_Management) as somehow a different
> (or more specialized?) discipline than plain 'ole "data management".
>
> Can anyone shed light on this through their own experience? Is it
> important to treat "master data" as a viable specialization of data in
> general?
>
> My initial reaction is that this is some market-speak that's escaped
> into the wild from somewhere (probably the business intelligence/data
> warehouse camp), but I'm open to being persuaded otherwise.
>
> TroyK

I suggest you challenge it on the principle of "No Original Work" and point out the lack of references. If you have time, I suggest you (recursively) do the same to every wiki page it references.

It looks to me like some fucktard just making shit up. You know: like the aspect-oriented fucktards who think the shit they made up is somehow encyclopedic. Received on Sat Feb 09 2008 - 00:56:09 CET

Original text of this message