Re: Separate PK in Jxn Tbl?

From: Salad <oil_at_vinegar.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:29:41 -0800

-CELKO- wrote:

>>> I have yet to have any of them rise to the challenge of siting a
>>> single example of a correctly set up, split application in Access
>>> that isn't stable under load. <<

> Home Depot's contractor tracking system on ACCESS? It's failures are
> famous in Atlanta.

You object of derision is the application whereas an outsider like me would assume management, specs, and skill level created the failure. AFAIC, the programmers in CDMA are world class folks and obviously were not part of the project you brought up.

Dilbert management providing ill thought out/band-aid specs while employing low-level programmers that don't speak English can create a famous failure. By chance are you on the failure's committee?

Do you have any links to the famous failure you mentioned? It might make for a fun read of management incompetency.

If you do respond, be sure to cut out all my post so nobody knows who you are responding to and make it appear you are talking to yourself for no particular reason. Received on Fri Feb 01 2008 - 00:29:41 CET

Original text of this message