Re: Separate PK in Jxn Tbl?

From: James A. Fortune <MPAPoster_at_FortuneJames.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:35:03 -0500

David Cressey wrote:

>>Maybe many Access programmers prefer a single key to limit the number of
>>fields that get corrupted :-).

> In that case, I believe they are wrong.

Access is way more likely than SQL Server to corrupt a primary key field(s), especially when a large number of concurrent users are editing under the same index value, perhaps while someone is also turning off their computer without shutting down on a form bound to the same data. It was a facetious consideration because that kind of corruption occurs rarely in Access.

James A. Fortune
MPAPoster_at_FortuneJames.com Received on Fri Feb 01 2008 - 16:35:03 CET

Original text of this message