A few questions about arxiv paper

From: Tegiri Nenashi <TegiriNenashi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:54:25 -0800 (PST)

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0712/0712.1863.pdf

Does this make any sense? Here are my doubts: 1. DNA structure is sequential. It fits well into the realm of grammars, parsing theory, and Kleene/Relation algebras. Codd's relational algebra is quite different. The fact that nobody found a way to reconcile Kleene and relational algebras yet makes the claim that there is a "natural" way to model relational structures in DNA ground highly suspicious.

2. Assuming that relational DNA structure makes sense, what mechanism corresponds to query optimization (for simplicity restricted to system R method)? There is a section on indexing which I don't understand.

Again the paper illustrates all the ideas in terms of algorithms, making it incomprehensible for an algebraically inclined person to understand, but maybe you can comment? Received on Wed Dec 26 2007 - 22:54:25 CET

Original text of this message