SAP BASIS Tech Cons, Lionsville PA, 3-4 months ...URGENT REQUIREMENT...
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:28:00 -0800 (PST)
VERY URGENT position Please post your resume at rgupta_at_metasenseusa.com michael_at_metasenseusa.com
Let me know if you can help me
Change Management Analyst/Configuration Management Consultant
Duration: 6 months.
The person in this position must fill a role in enhancing, and maintaining the company's Software Configuration Management Process. This person, along with the other members of the group, are responsible for the controlled production of all deliverable software build and packages as well as managing the tools used to create them.
- Responsibilities in respect to Change Management Process:
- Interact with developers, team leads, managers, and infrastructure regarding new releases and upcoming tasks/projects.
- Organizing turnover modules, scripts and artifacts for deployment from Development to QA and Production environments.
- Perform Pre-deployment Review, Analysis, Staging Preparation which includes checking all application environments and source control for consistency.
- Ensure that all source and versioned files are checked in, updated, and have the same version labels with proper updated release information.
- Develop related documentation including Functional specifications, Impact Analysis, Production Validation plan, Deployment instructions, Roll back instructions.
- Documenting references to Unit and Integration test results.
- Prepare application environments (TEST, UAT, Staging, Production) for actual deployment based on version label(s) specified by the Development team.
- Responsibilities in respect to Application Deployments (QA/UAT/ Production):
- Upon receiving approval for deployment by respective areas (QA/ UAT), deploy packages, Oracle pl/sql, VB.net, ASP.net, Windows/UNIX scripts as per development instructions and Configuration Management standard deployment procedure into proper environment of choice selected by Managers/Analysts of appropriate areas.
- Ensure that any discovered inconsistencies in deployment instructions are recorded and properly modified for future use by the documentation owner.
- Document Database deployment requirements.
- Ensure that deployments completed correctly and in a timely manner, inform respective areas about environment readiness.
- Manage and maintain the Software Configuration Management tools:
- PVCS VM Administrator responsibilities including training, preventive maintenance, day-to-day usage, and enhancements for productivity.
- Mercury/HP ITG, Quality Center Administrator responsibilities including training, preventive maintenance, day-to-day usage, development of new schemes, and enhancements for productivity.
Four Year Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
Three or more years experience with Software Configuration Management.
Knowledge of Software Configuration Management Process Theory as well
as general Software Engineering life cycle development methodologies.
Basic knowledge of SQL, working experience with Oracle database and
Experience in Source Control system- PVCS on UNIX and windows platforms.
Working experience with:
- HP/Mercury ITG,
- HP/Mercury Quality Center.
- Visual Source Safe
- MS Project
Ability to support and track multiple simultaneous projects.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Good problem solving skills.
Good interpersonal skills.
100 Technology Way, Suite 303
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
(856) 626-3201 Tel
(856) 494-7900 Fax
www.metasenseusa.com Received on Wed Dec 26 2007 - 18:28:00 CET