Re: A newbie paradox: is this a PK-FK (relationship) problem, or programming problem?

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_ooyah.ac>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:05:58 GMT

tina wrote:
> i had to chuckle at this one, Doug. when i first opened your post, i thought
> you were responding to my post, and i couldn't figure out what you were
> talking about! then i scrolled down, and found that you were replying to
> another post that i had not seen, having blocked that particular user some
> time ago. ;)

the above typifies the cavalier attitude to making a genuine effort to precisely identify requirements I've seen so often. as far as that being some kind of reason the heroic Ounslow might pronounce it "nice", even he knows that explanation and ignorance are not usually to be found in the same paragraph. the OP is hung up on technicalities and hasn't yet focussed on purpose, like many in this field, but maybe he or she is young, still has a chance to get it right and maybe in a few years counteract the nattering technocrats. "tina" is encourageing him in exactly the opposite direction, too bad.

Whenever I see the phrase "cleanest approach", I'm inclined to scoff as it usually turns out that the author is trying to change the subject, either he's been indoctrinated that way or is just a natural-born parrot. it is one of those half-assed dodge phrases that weasel mba's from the big consulting companies like to throw around in the board room to nodding old farts and political sycophants. Received on Sat Dec 22 2007 - 23:05:58 CET

Original text of this message