Re: Implementing Dataphor Providers in Visual Studio - Help!

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:03:30 -0800 (PST)

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.programmi...

> Steve Dassin says:-
>
> "If you are truely a beginner then your brain hasn't been filled with
> crazy
> glue yet.
> For application development check out Dataphor. "
>
> I am not yet proficient with SQL, and I'd like to avoid becoming
> proficient with it. There are enough frustrated intellectuals banging
> on about how inadequate it is for me to be virtually certain they're
> right about Dataphor.
[]

> I get the feeling I'm overlooking something horribly simple. :(

> Help!
>
> Steve B.

Why jump through hoops to avoid learning SQL?

To be an engineer you need to learn the tools of the trade. To be a software engineer the tools are languages. SQL is just one more tool. As more Chem Professor used to say:
"if it works, use it!"

   Ed Received on Thu Dec 20 2007 - 21:03:30 CET

Original text of this message