Re: Trend towards artificial keys (GUIDs) sez my textbook...is AI next?

From: raylopez99 <raylopez99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:13:17 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 17, 12:09 pm, mAsterdam <mAster..._at_vrijdag.org> wrote:
> raylopez99 wrote:
> > ... migrate a primary key to another table ...
>
> There is no movement here. I am not a native english speaker,
> but 'migrate' really sets you on the wrong foot.
> Try to describe it in a different way.
>
> --
> What you see depends on where you stand.

Louis Davidson's textbook uses the term "migrate" when a PK -->FK (PK becomes a FK in another dB). He makes it sound like it's standard usuage; I guess it's not-- but I like the sound of it because in those "relationship" diagrams the keys are shown with a solid or dashed line going to another table.

RL Received on Mon Dec 17 2007 - 21:13:17 CET

Original text of this message