Re: Attribute-values in separate table

From: Authorised User <bg_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:27:03 GMT

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:40:44 -0300, Bob Badour wrote:

> Authorised User wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Sadly, after ten years in Oracle, it has been consistently my experience
>> (from 4 sites, in development teams of between 3 and 9 people) that the
>> DBAs vary between hostile and uncommunicative towards developers. I won't
>> clutter the thread with examples. Cheers.
>
> I have known both surly DBAs and surly programmers. I have known both
> competent DBAs and competent programmers. I have known plenty of each
> who were both, neither or one or the other.

Sorry, please disregard that comment.

There are bound to be a lot of DBAs in this forum and I know it is wrong to generalise (no pun intended). I came to get knowledge I didn't have.

Whether developers or DBAs, we are really in the same boat, so we should have a common purpose. Bickering or trading insults at any level detracts from the exchange of useful information, which is what this forum is for. You have to be thick-skinned on these forums don't you! Dont't answer.

--

"For modes of faith, let graceless zealots fight", Alexander Pope, 1733