Re: Book about query processing / query optimization searched

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_ooyah.ac>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:54:58 GMT

Elcaro Nosille wrote:
> Cimode schrieb:
>

>> A total waste of time and money...(it does cost 67$ !!!)

> Why?
>
>> Except from the first few lines...
>> *In a relational database, data is organized into table format*

> Do you think you can estimate the quality of a book by evaluating
> the first lines?

If the first lines make sense, you might want or need to read more but if the first line is silly, odds are you don't.

As Groucho Marx said when asked to write a jacket blurb for a supposedly humourous book: (something like) "from the moment I picked it up until I   put it down I couldn't stop laughing. Some day I'm going to read it". Received on Thu Oct 04 2007 - 19:54:58 CEST

Original text of this message