Schema Relationship Question

From: JamesHoward <James.w.Howard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:44:56 -0000

I have a set of predefined constants with a set of predefined relationships and am looking for a way to link them if possible to ensure data integrity.

An example would be if I wanted to keep track of programs and I have a table Programs with rows operating system type and programming language. If both operating system type and programming language are foreign keys to reference tables (just tables with a primary key and a name to the element they are referencing) is there a way to ensure data integrity for possible nonsensical pairings such as programming language c# and operating system unix?

Thanks in advance,
Jim Howard Received on Wed Oct 03 2007 - 16:44:56 CDT