Re: Protect Query Result

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:43:30 -0000

On Sep 10, 1:42 am, agileb..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to protect the result of a query. That means every database
> update which change the result of the quer must be discovered.
>
> For example:
> the query is
> SELECT name
> FROM emp
> WHERE age > 50
> When the connection is closed. And another app execute
> INSERT INTO emp (name, age) values ("asd", 60)
> Some warning must be issued.
>
> In this simple case, we can write a trigger to solve it. However, in
> some other cases, the query is much complex (e.g there is sub-query).
> How to write the trigger efficiently? Is there any research topic
> about this area? (if yes, would you pls suggest me some keywords).
>
> Thank in advance
> AgileBall

this doesn't make sense.

 Who would you issue the warning to? How are you going to do that from the trigger?

if the connection for the SELECT is closed, what exactly are you trying to "protect"??

Your problem is unclear so any suggestion are likely to send you off on a wrong search path.. Consider rephrasing your question. Once you can define the problem often possible solutions become apparent.

 HTH
  ed Received on Tue Sep 11 2007 - 19:43:30 CEST

Original text of this message