Re: NULLs: theoretical problems?

From: V.J. Kumar <vjkmail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 02:59:20 +0200 (CEST)

Hugo Kornelis <hugo_at_perFact.REMOVETHIS.info.INVALID> wrote in news:fqspb3dqogo0ekhmc35meottdcgeg49v1q_at_4ax.com:

> On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 22:25:51 +0100, David Portas wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I don't know "the Alice Book", but I googled for some definitions of
> FD in order to try and get a deeper understanding.

http://www.amazon.com/Foundations-Databases-Logical-Serge- Abiteboul/dp/0201537710

It's a nice book by Serge Abiteboul on theoretical database foundations with an emphasis on "theoretical". You may find it interestiong or dull depending on your taste and educational background.

It won't help though with the philosophical musings on the nature of NULL.