Re: A pk is *both* a physical and a logical object.

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:38:15 GMT

Brian Selzer wrote:
> ... What widgits don't have is rigid designation. That's the problem: ...

If they are all the same, what's the problem, ie., who cares? If they are different, an app might or might not need to know in what way they are different and then might need to ask again does the difference matter to the app? These are the only basic questions that need to be answered on behalf of a practical database. All the other suggested problems are needless ones. Some "data modellers" I've met seemed to deliberately ignore application requirements, don't ask me why.

p Received on Wed Jul 18 2007 - 17:38:15 CEST

Original text of this message