Re: Databasescheme with UML

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 May 2007 06:23:22 -0700

On May 18, 5:03 am, Christian Bruckhoff <brchr..._at_uni-koblenz.de> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> How do I create a databasescheme with UML? In comparison to ER-diagrams
> I would say, that entities are classes and relationships are
> associations now. I think that should be right. But how you have to
> model a relationship with attributes with UML?
>
> Regards!
> Christian Bruckhoff

The Class you will model if using a UML diagram to communicate a conceptual or logical data model is a Persistent Relation Class. Each of the class "boxes" in your diagram will extend that type, but that can be assumed in the diagram. Some of the relationships that you modeled with diamonds in an ERD will end up as associations between classes, while others will end up as classes themselves, if they will also be persisted as separate relations.

There are likely many hits if you google around for "UML-class-diagram ERD" or some such. Best wishes. --dawn Received on Fri May 25 2007 - 15:23:22 CEST

Original text of this message