Re: Databasescheme with UML

From: Goran Mandinic <gmandini_at_veleri.hr>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 09:06:17 +0200

"Christian Bruckhoff" <brchrist_at_uni-koblenz.de> wrote in message news:f2jtm7$iq9$1_at_cache.uni-koblenz.de...
> Hi.
>
> How do I create a databasescheme with UML? In comparison to ER-diagrams I
> would say, that entities are classes and relationships are associations
> now. I think that should be right. But how you have to model a
> relationship with attributes with UML?
>
> Regards!
> Christian Bruckhoff

UML is not used to model relational databases, nor it can precisely accomplish that, nor it is invented to do so. In software development UML is mainly used in object-oriented systems. If modelling a relational database, why use else than E-R?
Regards
Goran Received on Wed May 23 2007 - 09:06:17 CEST

Original text of this message