Re: Self Joins and optimization

From: Brian Selzer <brian_at_selzer-software.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:38:11 GMT

"Gene Wirchenko" <genew_at_ocis.net> wrote in message news:7o1f43p2bafl154lndoltu392cihqhq8ot_at_4ax.com...
> "Brian Selzer" <brian_at_selzer-software.com> wrote:
>
>>"Gene Wirchenko" <genew_at_ocis.net> wrote in message

>>> [snip]

>>> <snigger>
>>>
>>> I gave up on Mr. Selzer some time ago. Life is too short. Since
>>> my killfile is to mark messages read, I can still see his posts if I
>>> wish to. I have not wanted to though.
>
>>Let me see. Yes! I remember now! You're the one that defends Bob
>>Badour's
>>infantile behavior. I didn't know that I had graduated to your killfile.
>
> No, I am one of the ones who happens to agree with most of what
> he does. Weeding out the newsgroup serves a useful purpose. This
> newsgroup has been overrun in the past.

It appears to me that someone went a bit overboard with the weedkiller. This ng has been pretty dead lately.

>>What a stunning achievement! And even one with benefits: one less closed
>>mind to waste my valuable time on.
>
> Given how much you insist that you are right and everyone else is
> wrong, pot, kettle, black.

I am not afraid to be wrong. When I take a position, I defend it vigorously, and perhaps that's why I come across the way you say I do. But when I'm proven wrong, I admit that I'm wrong and move on.