Re: A new proof of the superiority of set oriented approaches: numerical/time serie linear interpolation

From: David Cressey <cressey73_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:09:41 GMT

"paul c" <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> wrote in message news:ycdZh.145910$DE1.85381_at_pd7urf2no...

> let alone the TGV. The biggest thing that has bugged me about most
> consultants is that they usually don't question requirements.

Gee whiz, I had thought that questioning the requirements was essential to consulting 101.

But then, back in the day, 12 weeks was a "long gig" for me. The idea behind consulting was to understand what's going on, make a significant change, and get out. In the rare cases where I was there for a year or so, it was really contracting, not consulting, regardless of the job title.

In 'Secrets of Consulting', Gerald Weinberg says:

Rule 1: No matter what they tell you, there's always a problem. Rule 2: No matter what it looks like at first, it's always a people problem.

Those two rules provide a pretty good handle on problem assessment. Received on Mon Apr 30 2007 - 13:09:41 CEST

Original text of this message