Re: newsgroup for asking general SQL questions?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:00:06 GMT

Jason S wrote:

> On Apr 27, 10:41 am, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>If you have done that already and turned up absolutely nothing, then try
>>comp.databases or here.

> It's not that I've turned up nothing, it's that I've turned up
> information that either doesn't sound like it's reliable, or it's
> product specific.
>
> what's the difference between the two groups?

I haven't paid any real attention to comp.databases for years so perhaps I am not qualified to enumerate differences. That said, I would expect the difference in the names probably reflects the difference in the content.

I expect you will find greater support for hackish kludges in comp.databases than in comp.databases.theory Here, you will find greater support for discussing the underlying mathematics.

You will also find considerable overlap between the two groups so if in doubt cross-post to both groups. Received on Fri Apr 27 2007 - 20:00:06 CEST

Original text of this message