Re: delete cascade

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:14:17 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> paul c wrote:
>

>> Bob Badour wrote:
>>
>>> Would it suffice to declare the view using the RVA as above and then
>>> project away the RVA?
>>

>> I'm guessing that you mention rva's so that there can be no chance
>> that a product would be permitted to only partially complete the
>> operation, and leave some items dangling, whereas some products might
>> allow a series of delete statements to be interrupted?

> I mention it because it would fully disclose the data to be deleted,
> which is the invoice and the associated items.

I can see that it would fully enclose, ie., enclose in one relation, but not sure how it would disclose any more fully than two selections and a join.

Not trying to be picky but I found your view suggestion to be profound and want to make sure I understand this one.

p Received on Mon Apr 23 2007 - 23:14:17 CEST

Original text of this message