Re: cdt glossary 0.1.1 (repost)

From: Brian Selzer <brian_at_selzer-software.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:08:22 GMT

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:gMyVh.25864$PV3.264271_at_ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
> paul c wrote:
>
>> Brian Selzer wrote:

>>> I'm not really sure I understand what you're trying to say here. I
>>> would like to see a definition of transaction that is expressed in terms
>>> of what is different between successive database states. If you focus
>>> on results, some of the information submitted by the user is lost in
>>> translation. That's why I get a bad taste in my mouth when I see the
>>> imperatives insert, update, and delete translated into assignment.
>>
>> That is a paragraph I think I could have written at one time. Today, I
>> think it stands for an attitude that I think is obsessive and
>> technocratic (eg. anti-humanist) although I wouldn't go so far as to call
>> it by the four-letter word that is usually taken to mean the same thing.
>> I don't intend that comment to demean you but I hope you will be able
>> with time to explore other perspectives as you obviously have technical
>> ability.
>
> Paul, Brian has too much arrogance and not enough intellectual honesty. I
> strongly doubt he will explore other perspectives. I would love for him to
> prove me wrong, though.

I've done that several times, Bob. You just chose to ignore it. One other thing: if you really want to deliver abuse, then be a man and give it to me directly. I can take it. Sneaking acid commentary into a reply to another's post makes you look like a weasel. Received on Thu Apr 19 2007 - 10:08:22 CEST

Original text of this message