Re: choice of character for relational division

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:07:17 GMT

Marshall wrote:
> On Apr 2, 1:13 pm, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>>Have you gotten ahold of Codd's 1972 paper?

> Never have been able to. Pointers appreciated.

It's around, but since I contribute so little here, apart from various opinions, I'll send a copy of it to anybody who posts their handle here or sends it to me (just reverse the letters in the two parts of the domain in my handle). I'm not sure where I got it, perhaps ACM or some IBM archive, but I'm sure it's free of copyright when used in a non-commercial way.

Happy also to send a few zips with various other papers that seem to be important, as many here are much more careful readers than I am and their comments may eventually help me see db things more clearly.

p Received on Tue Apr 03 2007 - 01:07:17 CEST

Original text of this message