Re: choice of character for relational division

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 02:53:37 GMT

Marshall wrote:
> There is a danger, though, at least in an industrial setting. If some
> guy is working alone, there's no reason for him not to tweak
> everything just the way he likes it. But if it's a team of 100,
> then probably it *should* be cast in stone or we'll get the
> Tower of Babel.

I got used to a system that did not save source code as written. Only "object" was saved. If you wanted to see source, the object was de-compiled. Such a system allows the user to view the code anyway they want, even to the extent of making expressions left or right associative, as the user sees fit. Same goes for opcode symbols or mnemonics.

Nothing in IT should ever be cast in stone unless we have a better reason than team uniformity.

p Received on Mon Apr 02 2007 - 04:53:37 CEST

Original text of this message