Re: Bidirectional Binary Self-Joins

From: Anne & Lynn Wheeler <lynn_at_garlic.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:29:57 -0600

paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> writes:
> I think you are probably right about a six-segment likely maximum in
> practice, which I seem to remember seeing somewhere, although I only
> saw the airline biz for a couple of years. Also, on some continents,
> maybe even in NA, smaller airlines like to cheat and re-use flight
> numbers for the same plane on the same day at the same airport, to
> save fees. I think the airline people call those "lollipop" flights
> because if you draw a picture of the route, somewhere there is a leg
> connected to a circle of sorts.
>
> When I say flight "number", these days I'm assuming base-36 numbers!

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2007g.html#22 Bidirectional Binary Self-Joins

the max. in the world that i found ... was 16 flight segments for the same flight number (and presummably same equipment) that started early in the morning and finished late at night at the same airport. Received on Sat Mar 31 2007 - 04:29:57 CEST

Original text of this message