Re: Quote from comp.object

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2007 11:34:14 -0800

On Mar 5, 8:42 am, "DBMS_Plumber" <paul_geoffrey_br..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 3:30 pm, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> > If we had true physical independence, even the process context switches
> > could mostly go away.
>
> Yeah.
>
> And we'd all have ponies too.
>
> There's a computer somewhere underneath it all, Bob. Ultimately you
> can't ignore that.

Oh my goodness: a computer! Well that changes everything.

Funny, I was going to post last week about approaches, including well-established ones, for avoiding the entire issue of process switching.
Erlang for example is a programming language whose computational model can support hundreds of thousands of simultaneous processes, yet has very high reliability and uptime.

Marshall Received on Mon Mar 05 2007 - 20:34:14 CET

Original text of this message